RD65 or 6-speed Dog-change Gearbox
Dog-change gearbox primarily designed for use in front-engine, rear-wheel-drive race cars.
- Provision also exists to mount the transmission together with a modular transfer case in 4WD applications, or with final drive units in rear mounted transaxles (e.g. Corvette).
- Available in both H-Pattern and Sequential shift versions.
- Torque rating for endurance events is 880Nm (650ft.lb).
- The gearbox is fitted with 6 forward gears and a reverse gear. All forward gears are profile ground for increased efficiency and durability.
- 5-Speed versions are also available upon request.
- Shifting is via an integral gear-lever or a remotely actuated shift-rod.
- The internal lubrication system consists of a magnetic / paper element filter, an oil pump with provision for an external oil cooler and an integral spray bar to feed cooled oil directly onto the gears.
- All gears are removable from shafts with an extensive range of ratios available.
- Input is via a removable quill-shaft which can be customised to suit individual requirements.
- Output is via a fixed flange or slip yoke which can be customised to suit individual requirements.