MFTIn-line 6-Speed Sequential Transaxle
A huge wealth of experience has gone into this versatile design, which can accept input from either end and be orientated with the Differential above or below the Input Shaft. This allows a huge range of applications, from mid or rear-engine GT cars to Off-Road buggies.
Key Design Objectives:
- Light-weight and super-compact.
- Highly rigid mounting of the Crown-Wheel and Pinion in order to prolong life and increase the load carrying capacity for a given gear size. This has been achieved by casting a complex cavity around the pinion bearing location, giving low weight but super rigid mounting capabilities, a feature not possible with machined billet housings.
- It has been designed from the outset with paddle shift in mind, featuring internal direct Pneumatic actuation, providing fast, highly positive and consistent gear-shifts. Of course a traditional Gear Lever can also be used where required to comply with regulations.
- The gearbox is fitted with 6 forward gears, a reverse gear set and a crown-wheel & pinion. All spur gears are profile ground and the spiral bevel is hard machined for increased efficiency and durability. All gears have special modifications to their involute curves for optimal performance under extreme tooth loading. -Torque rating for 24 hour endurance events is 700Nm (520ft.lb). This is not a failure rating but an indication of life expectancy in long events with 100% reliability.
- All gears have an extensive range of ratios available. -Both ends can accept a removable bellhousing if required, or alternatively an integral Bellhousing can be designed in certain applications.
- A clutch plate limited slip differential is included, featuring multiple ramp and preload adjustments. It can be easily accessed and adjusted whilst the Transaxle is installed in the car.
- The internal lubrication system consists of a paper element filter, an oil pump with provision for an external cooler, a spray bar to feed cooled oil directly onto the gears including the CW&P, throughshaft lubrication to all needle roller bearings and oil feed to the differential. The oil level can be checked with a dip-stick.
- Input is via a removable quill-shaft, CV-flange, Universal-Joint or can be customised to suit individual requirements.
- Output is available with bolt up CV-flanges, integral tripods and can be customised to suit requirements.
- Custom Axles made from 300M can be provided as part of an installation package.
- Paddle-Shift version as standard featuring internal direct Pneumatic actuation, providing fast, highly positive and consistent gear-shifts. A traditional Gear-Lever can also be used where required to comply with regulations.
- A contactless gear position sensor is supplied for interfacing with an electronic dash display.
- An optional stand-alone gear indicator display is available for cars not fitted with an electronic dash.
- A temperature sensor can be installed on the gearbox (M12x1.5).
- A speed sensor can be installed on the output shaft.
- Case hardened VAR Nickel Chrome steel is used for all gears and shafts.
- The selector forks are manufactured from high tensile, nitrided steel.
- Housings are sandcast Aluminium alloy, heat treated to T6 specifications.
- O-ring seals are used on all joint faces.
- Transaxle weight starts at ~63kg.