SG6-speed Sequential Gearbox
Sequential shift dog-change gearbox primarily designed for use in front-engine, rear-wheel-drive race cars.
- Torque rating for endurance events is 365Nm (270ft.lb).
- The gearbox is fitted with 6 forward gears, a reverse gear and a pair of drop gears. The drop gears can be changed to alter the overall ratio of the transmission. All forward gears are profile ground for increased efficiency and durability.
- Shifting is via an integral gear-lever or a remotely actuated shift-rod.
- The internal lubrication system consists of a magnetic / paper element filter, an oil pump with provision for an external oil cooler and an integral spray bar to feed cooled oil directly onto the gears.
- All gears are removable from shafts with an extensive range of ratios available.
- Input is via a removable quill-shaft which can be customised to suit individual requirements.
- Output is via a fixed flange or slip yoke which can be customised to suit individual requirements.